Don’t get carried away with how much you bring. Remember, we will be washing your clothes for you during the weekends of your session. You will probably need less clothing than you think. As you are packing, keep in mind there will be limited storage/closet space. Some of the bunk beds have been made with extra space underneath (20” to be exact). Regardless of the type of bunk you end up with, it works well to bring a tub or trunk (20” or less in height) to store stuff underneath or near your bed.
- Clothes suitable for physical activity (keep it modest, no short shorts, 2 piece bathing suits, etc.)
- Casual clothes for regular Chapel
- Dressier clothes for Friday night Chapel
- A watch (Very important!)
- Appropriate shoes for each activity (active shoes, creek shoes, shoes to hike in, etc)
- Bedding (twin size) or just a sleeping bag & pillow
- A sleeping bag & pillow for the backpacking trip (Can be your camp bedding, but know you’ll be hiking with it. Many Timothy’s will bring hammocks)
- Personal hygiene items
- Shower shoes (Bathrooms may not be connected to Cabins.)
- Bible, journal/paper, and pen/pencil
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Prescription drugs and over-the-counter drugs need to be given to the medical team upon arrival
- Day Camp Theme related clothing
- Hammock (optional)
- Towels & washcloths
- Rain jacket or poncho
We’ll be taking care of washing your dirty laundry on the middle weekend of your session. You’ll receive a NLR laundry bag at the beginning of the session to help with this process. You only need one week’s worth of clothes.
Don’t Bring This Stuff
Pets, cash, tobacco in any form, alcoholic beverages, drugs (including non-prescription), lighters, matches, weapons, fireworks, radios, mp3 or CD players, electronic game systems, cell phones, pagers, roller blades, skateboards, video games, magazines, or sexually explicit literature or items or any kind.